Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Thumb sucking






John Tyler,
Today you were the best little baby. You played and played. I love you! I love how I know when you get ready for a nap because when we are playing you will lay your head down and start sucking your thumb so I know right then to pick you up, give you some kisses and take you to your room and lay you on your belly and you will be out within 2 minutes. You go down to sleep like that every time I put you to bed. Mommy was kind of sad when she realized you didn't want to be rocked or anything. You just wanted your bed and...well...YOUR THUMB! Oh, how stinkin cute it is too!! I be lovin you suckin that thumb. I know I'm not supposed to and everyone feels the need to tell me that "you can't take away the thumb, but you can the passy". I have no idea why people tell your mommy this because you are going on 5 months and there is no way I can tell you to stop sucking your thumb. But if I could, I still probably wouldn't. It melts my heart when you go to town on it. It melts my heart when you put it in your mouth then you lay your head down on my shoulder...awww!
We had company over tonight...Lauren and Alyssa and you just love lil people. You smiled and giggled and you loved the attention. You never got fussy. I swear everyday that I have an angel baby. Your daddy and me had a wonderful heart-to-heart talk last night about the Lord. It was midnight because he had just gotten off work and we talked for 2 hours. The Lord is working in the two of us and we shared some neat things. We are ready as a family to LIVE LIKE GOD IS REAL!! We don't want to live mediocre lives anymore. And now that we have you, we only have one shot to get it right and lead you in the way of the Lord. I want you to fall completely in love with the Lord and always follow Him and obey Him. I pray everyday that our love for Christ will shine and you will always see how important Christ is to our family. I love you sweet pea! Night!
Mommy

No comments: